St Cassian’s Church, The Village, Chaddesley Corbett, DY10 4SD
You will always find a warm welcome at St Cassian’s. We try to ensure our services are enjoyable and spiritual. We aim to reach out into the community to support and care for all its people. As well as the parish clergy, we have a Licensed Lay Minister and an Authorised Lay Minister (Worship) who lead services.
St Cassian’s is a beautiful, Grade I listed, church in the heart of the village. It was built between the 11th and 14th Centuries. The current interior is
The church has links to the local heritage site, Harvington Hall. The Nicholas Chapel at St Cassian’s contains some fine pre and post-reformation monuments to the Packington family, and their remains are interred in the crypt below. We rejoice in the strong bond of friendship with the Roman Catholic congregation at St Mary’s, Harvington.
Guidebooks and leaflets explaining the history of the church, the organ and the village are available in the church to look through or purchase.
St Cassian’s offers a mixture of worship styles to suit all ranging from Holy Communion, Morning Worship, and Worship for All. Sunday morning worship starts at
Please see our Services and Calendar pages for more information regarding when the next service will take place.
Children are welcome at all services and there is a child-friendly corner where they can play quietly.
Festivals and other special services are also held throughout the year.
Most services are around one hour long.
The style of music often differs through the services with more traditional hymns and anthems during Holy Communion and Evensong, while some of a contemporary style are added for Worship for All. We have a four-part choir and three manual Nicholson Organ. Our organist plays for the services and takes a weekly choir practice.
At the end of each service free refreshments are available.
Recently, there has been a new Hearing Loop system installed for those hard-of-hearing. There is a church wheelchair for use, a ramp to the altar and the outside walkway is flat. The church also has a disabled access toilet, with alarm and baby changing facilities. There is on-road parking outside the churchyard.
Life Events are available by arrangement.
St Cassian’s is used and widely supported by community groups for events, with dramas and concerts rehearsed and staged in the church on a fairly regular basis
- The church is an Eco Church, Bronze level – the first church in the Diocese to achieve this award.
- We have an active team of Bell ringers who practice weekly on a Wednesday evening and ring before morning service twice a month and at other special services.
- A recently formed team of
hand bellringers also practice weekly and perform at occasional services and events.
- Volunteers from the community also clean the church, arrange flowers, mow the churchyard, cook breakfast before Worship for All.
- Chaddesley Voices, a community choir, meets regularly for practice in the church (2nd, 4th and 5th Tuesdays of the month during term-time from 7.30 to 9.30 pm). We are always looking for new members to join the choir.
- St Cassian’s runs a ladies Care and Share group to reach out to older members of the community.
- Chaddesley Corbett is a Dementia Friendly village and members of the church DCC represent St Cassian’s on this group.
- Chaddesley Corbett Primary School holds Festival services at St Cassian’s. The church also has an Open the Book team who go into schools once a month.
- Please check our Groups heading to find out about all the different activities run throughout the parish.
- Also, St Cassian’s are currently crowdfunding to help fund the repair work for their pipe organ. To find out more or donate please follow the link below:
- Please follow St Cassian’s on their social media accounts for further details:
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stcassianschoir
Twitter at https://twitter.com/St_Cassians