The Parish of Kidderminster East is committed to the safeguarding, care, nurture and pastoral ministry of everyone within our church community including but not limited to: children, young adults, vulnerable adults and victims of domestic abuse.
We have adopted and follow Church of England and Diocese of Worcester policy, guidelines and safer recruitment practice guidance. Furthermore, we keep our safeguarding records up to date and respond promptly when required.
A message from Bishop John
“The Diocese of Worcester is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults to worship and grow in Christ safely. I take that commitment very seriously and believe that making our churches safe for all is everyone’s responsibility. To enable that, our diocesan safeguarding team provides professional advice and training, as well as supporting those who may have suffered abuse. I commend to you the important policies and procedures detailed here. It is my prayer that they will help to ensure that all can flourish as God’s Kingdom People.”
Each church in the parish has its own safeguarding representatives for children and vulnerable adults who can be contacted through their related church or via the Parish Office.
|St Mary’s, Stone
Where there are suspicions of abuse but where no allegation of abuse has been made, you should share your concerns with, and seek guidance from, the Incumbent, Parish Safeguarding Officer, Church Safeguarding Representative and/or Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor.
- Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Hilary Higton 07495 060869
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Delia Stokes 07376 374380
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Claire Arden 07375 078677
- Parish Safeguarding Officer Rob Poulsen 01562 822131
- Team Rector The Revd. David Hildred 01562 743895
- Worcestershire Adult and Children’s Social Care 0845 607 2000 (out of hours 01905 768020)
- Dudley Adult and Children’s Social Care 0300 555 0055 (out of hours 0300 555 8574)
- Sandwell Adult Social Care 0845 352 2266 (out of hours 0121 569 2355)
- Sandwell Children’s Social Care 0121 569 3100
- Childline 0800 1111
- Non-Urgent Police Enquiries 101
What should you do if you have concerns
The PCC of Kidderminster East has adopted and follows all the safeguarding policies and guidance recommended by the Diocese of Worcester and House of Bishops’.
Approved training in the safeguarding of children and adults, along with procedures and good practice is available to all clergy and lay people, paid and unpaid, who work with children and young people and adults in the Diocese.
In addition, all Church Officers (anyone appointed/elected by or on behalf of the Church to a post or role, whether they are ordained or lay, paid or unpaid) must complete mandatory safeguarding training and attend regular updates every 3 years.