St Cassian’s Church, The Village, Chaddesley Corbett, DY10 4SD
Although legally we remain a parish of 5 churches, due to Deanery re-organization St Cassian’s is now (from 1.1.2024) working in a new grouping with Belbroughton and Fairfield. All enquiries relating to St Cassian’s can be made via [email protected].
This page remains here for historic interest; please check for current details.
You will always find a warm welcome at St Cassian’s. We try to ensure our services are enjoyable and spiritual. We aim to reach out into the community to support and care for all its people. As well as the parish clergy, we have a Licensed Lay Minister and an Authorised Lay Minister (Worship) who lead services.
St Cassian’s is a beautiful, Grade I listed church in the heart of the village. It was built between the 11th and 14th Centuries. The current interior is
The church has links to the local heritage site, Harvington Hall. The Nicholas Chapel at St Cassian’s contains some fine pre and post-reformation monuments to the Pakington family, and their remains are interred in the crypt below. We rejoice in the strong bond of friendship with the Roman Catholic congregation at St Mary’s, Harvington.
Guidebooks and leaflets explaining the history of the church, the organ and the village are available in the church to look through or purchase.
St Cassian’s is very grateful for your donation. It costs us about £45,000 a year to fund our ministry, reach out into the community to support those in need, and maintain the building
St Cassian’s offers a mixture of worship styles to suit all including Holy Communion, Morning Worship, and Worship for All. Sunday morning worship starts at
Please see our Services and Calendar pages for more information regarding when the next service will take place.
Children are welcome at all services and there is a child-friendly corner where they can play quietly.
Festivals and other special services are also held throughout the year.
Most services are around one hour long.
The style of music often differs through the services with more traditional hymns and anthems during Holy Communion and Evensong, while some of a contemporary style are added for Worship for All. We have a four-part choir and three-manual Nicholson Organ. Our organist plays for the services and takes a weekly choir practice.
At the end of each service free refreshments are available.
Recently, there has been a new Hearing Loop system installed for those hard-of-hearing. There is a church wheelchair for use, a ramp to the altar and the outside walkway is flat. The church also has a disabled access toilet, with alarm and baby changing facilities. There is on-road parking outside the churchyard.
Life Events (Christenings, Weddings, and Funerals) are available by arrangement. Please see the individual pages for further details.
St Cassian’s is used and widely supported by community groups for events, with dramas and concerts rehearsed and staged in the church on a fairly regular basis
- The church is an Eco Church, Silver level.
- We have an active team of Bell ringers who practice weekly on a Wednesday evening and ring before morning service twice a month and at other special services.
- A recently formed team of
hand bellringers also practice weekly and perform at occasional services and events.
- Volunteers from the community also clean the church, arrange flowers, mow the churchyard, and cook breakfast before Worship for All.
- Chaddesley Voices, a community choir, meets regularly for practice in the church (2nd, 4th and 5th Tuesdays of the month during term-time from 7.30 to 9.30 pm). We are always looking for new members to join the choir.
- St Cassian’s runs a ladies Share and Care group to reach out to older members of the community.
- Chaddesley Corbett is a Dementia Friendly village and members of the church DCC represent St Cassian’s on this group.
- Chaddesley Corbett Primary School holds Festival services at St Cassian’s. The church also has an Open the Book team who go into schools once a month.
Please check our ‘Groups’ menu to find out about all the different activities run throughout the parish.
You can follow St Cassian’s on their social media accounts for further details: