Below is the Year Summary for 2019.
- We saw the return of Messy Church, St George’s Pop-Up Cafe, St George’s Coffee Shop, KEY, Care and Share, Baby and Toddler’s, Young at Heart and Cafe Chad.
- Our website as well as the parish Facebook and Twitter accounts continued to be used as platforms for prayer, updates, virtual services, and the sharing of Christian values.
- The Marriage Preparation course started.
- St Cassian’s hosted a Taize service on Wednesday 23rd January.
- The parish website was launched at the Parish Let’s Party – Special Parish Celebration on Saturday 9th February.
- Our previous Curate, Rachel, wed at St George’s on 17th February. Congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs. Newell!
- Hugh and Alison hosted a leaving do Barn Dance in St George’s on Saturday 23rd February.
- St Cassian’s Organ Fundraiser Quiz raised £1,000.
- Churches Together in Kidderminster undertook a series of Lent talks.
- We said a sad goodbye to Hugh and Alison Burton after many years in the parish. We pray God blesses and guides them in their new ministry. Thanks went for all the contributions totalling £1158.64 towards the gifts to Novo and Under tree Schools!
- We ran a series for small groups based on Handel’s Messiah during Lent.
- We celebrated Easter with a variety of different services and events across the parish.
- Carol Morris led a special service entitled “Walking with Jesus” to commemorate Palm Sunday.
- Bishop Graham licensed The Revd Canon Hugh Burton as Team Rector in the Dudley Team Ministry on Sunday 7th April.
- St George’s Coffee Shop celebrated its 10th anniversary in May.
- The Team Rector Vacancy advert went live.
- KEY raised £381 on the 30th June at St George’s to help fund their trips to Soul Survivor and Venture camps this summer.
- The SKPs invited everyone to a Strawberry Tea at St George’s Church on Saturday 13th July.
- St George’s hosted a Quiz Night and Supper events on Tuesday 20th August.
- There was a celebration of 750 years of worship at St Mary’s, Stone on the 7th – 8th September.
- An Alpha course started on September 11th 2019.
- The All Together as Kingdom People event happened on Saturday 28th September at Worcester Cathedral.
- We celebrated Harvest across the parish.
- The Annual Parish Bereavement Service was at St. George’s Church on Sunday 20th October at 6:30pm.
- The Bishop’s Certificate Course started at various venues across the diocese.
- £1,025 was raised for Harvest for the Hungry.
- The Blackheart Orchestra performed on Saturday 26th October at St George’s.
- The bar will be open.
- St Chad’s hosted a Light Party on Thursday 31st October.
- St Cecilia’s hosted An Evening with Dave Bilbrough on Friday 8th November.
- The parish commemorated Remembrance Sunday.
- St George’s held a Celebration Dinner and Dance on Friday 15th November 2019.
- Stone Corner Cafe started on Wednesday 20th November at Stone Parish Rooms.
- St Cassian’s had a Church Coffee Morning on Saturday 23rd November and raised £1700 + for the church fund and the organ appeal.
- Saturday 30th November saw an evening of entertainment at the start of the festive season, with the Alcester Victoria Silver Band, raising £670 for St Cassian’s.
- We celebrated Advent and Christmas with multiple services across the month.
- Churches Together in Kidderminster invited everyone to the ‘Eat with us on Christmas Day’ Lunch at St Ambrose Parish Centre.
- We celebrated the end of 2019 as a parish on Sunday 29th December with a United Service of Holy Communion at St Cecilia’s.
- The Advent Sleepout at St George’s Annex raised £1,130 for the Urban Church Fund.
Please view our other Year Summaries at: